Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yes, I am a "Foodie"

I should add some important initial information. I consider myself a "Foodie." I love food experiences, social eating, stress/emotional eating, etc. I am definitely overweight at this time. I could go into the excuses but bottom line, I need to change my life in this area. So, as I like to say, I'm throwing everything and the kitchen sink at my weight, health, and nutrition issues.

I recently read Betheny Frankel's book Naturally Thin and I really appreciated the concepts in this book. One concept that I have my friends using now is "cancel your membership to the clean food plate club!" Don't you love it?

Anyways, I currently weigh about 158 lbs. Something that shocked me today was Green Smoothie Girl's page about ideal weight. According to the chart on her page, I should weigh between 104 - 108 lbs. Holy weight discrepancy Batman! I'm still pondering this and wonder if this is achievable for me. I was thinking I'd be happy to get back down to the 130 lbs. I used to be at pretty consistently in my 20's. Oh yeah, I'll be 40 this year.

I sort of don't want to be a "Foodie" anymore but you know, the thought of not being a "Foodie" is weird. It's such an integral part of who I am...
:)
~julz

No comments:

Post a Comment