Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eating Seasonally

Both for health reasons and for "green" reasons, I would like to try to eat more fruits and vegetables that are in season. I'm not that savvy when it comes to crops and such but I ran across Fresh Tools for Eating Seasonally at The Green Life which gave me some tools to help.

I immediately downloaded the iPhone app and WOW. Very cool. I was able to select my region and get nice pics with descriptions of some great fruits and vegetables in season. My shopping is going to be helped by this.

3 comments:

  1. B, I'm going to get that app! You're going to laugh or maybe just smile a bit at my next post that I now have to post because you posted this!
    Hugs!
    ~julz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it's very easy to feel completely left out when you don't have an iPhone and "apps"! I am still threatening to by a Jitterbug. Definitely no apps for that, though, except 24 hour nurse service. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I'm sure you can do the same things we do, just on your computer. If you buy a Jitterbug, though, be prepared for us to rib you a little bit.

    Hugs!
    :)
    ~julz

    ReplyDelete