Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Green Goodness Day :)

Today, I had my weigh in (I joined a weight loss challenge with some friends) and I actually met my goal of losing 1.5 lbs this week (153.5 lbs), even after I had eaten several big restaurant meals with mi amiga, Bethany, who visited from Alabama. I miss you already B! I had my Herbalife aloe, tea, and shake for breakfast today and took my green smoothie to work with me.

So yesterday, I made a whole blenderful of green smoothie and drank half. I put the rest in the fridge in the blender container. Today, I added a handful of vine-ripened cherry tomatoes that I didn't want to go bad and two handfuls of frozen peaches and pineapple. This filled a 32 ounce container I had and I sipped on my green smoothie from mid-morning until early afternoon. It was so refreshing and yummy.

My dinner for the last few days has been over-medium eggs, mashed black beans, red chile, and either a few potatoes or a tortilla. Yum! I told you I'm a "Foodie."

Today's exercise was a fun Zumba class with a bunch of the girls who go to The Spot and do Boot Camp. I also convinced one of my friends that she should try green smoothies, so I'm taking her one in the morning. I had to go to the store and restock a bit. I picked up some parsley, bananas, yellow peaches, frozen mangoes, frozen blueberries, and frozen cherries. It's kinda odd, but I am really excited to make and enjoy a new concoction tomorrow.

I also ordered my Vitamix today!

I called and ordered a refurbished machine on the 3-payment plan. The customer service lady was pretty cool and she noted that I was the second person who had read Kristen's post and called this week.

I also ordered Green Smoothie Jugs from Green Smoothie Queen's site.


Obviously, when I'm in, I'm in and I'm totally in on green smoothie goodness.

My goal tomorrow, is to ride my bike to my appointments in town tomorrow. I'm a bit scared of the drivers in this town but since I've written about it, now I have to do it!

I expect a fabulous healthy goddess day tomorrow for me and for you.

A virtual hug to you all,
~julz

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Congrats on the diet and good luck with the bicycling. I'll be riding on the arsenal on the weekends (much less traffic) to get my cycling in without fear (the drivers in Cruces and HSV both scare me silly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I didn't end up riding my bike. One appt was hair and wouldn't want to put a helmet on that. Then my next appt was a pedicure and wouldn't want to put closed shoes over that!
    :)

    ReplyDelete