Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Green Smoothies & More

I've been seeing (Oprah & Dr. Oz) and reading about green smoothies (see side links and resources) and I'm sold! I intend to add a green smoothie to my daily diet.

I've also been reading a lot about raw food diets and it just seems so extreme, though reading about the Boutenko family's experiences, I have to wonder...

I feel that adding green smoothies is a good compromise for this time in my life.

Additional health related things I'm doing - herbalife meal replacement shakes, really thinking more about the calories and foods I put in my body, Boot Camp exercise classes, hanging out with people who are like-minded about improving health and nutrition, and starting this blog with my friend Bethany.

On Sunday (May 31, 2009), Bethany was visiting from Alabama and agreed to join me on my first green smoothie adventure.

First Green Smoothie Recipe
4-5 Kale leaves
2-3 handfuls of spinach
1 cored organic pineapple
2 handfuls strawberries
2 bananas
4 slices of ginger root

This filled the blender container which seems to hold about 2.5 quarts (10 cups). We each had a large glass of green smoothie. I felt that I should have done more fruit and less greens because it was a bit "green." However, it wasn't bad. I put the remainder in the refrigerator and drank a large glass on Monday and a smaller glass on Tuesday (today). I have gathered a bunch of recipes so I'll post each one as I make them.

B took some pics maybe we'll post those later.

That's it for now. Happy healthy and nutritional adventures to you all!
:)
~julz

No comments:

Post a Comment