Friday, June 12, 2009

multigrain goodness w/ fruit


On my quest to determine what "healthy" means, I'll be experimenting with quite a few things. Most recently checked out an organic multigrain pasta. Of course, whole grains are supported by Dietary Guidelines and since I don't know much about this, I feel I need to pay attention to what these experts have to say. Anyway, the pasta was YUMMY and had such whole grain goodness in spelt, oats, barley, flaxseed, lentil, and chickpeas. I made a sauce of organic tomatoes and the usual Italian seasonings. The salad and wine (a smooth, not-to-dry shiraz) were nice additions. Afterward, I had an excellent fruit salad with pineapple, blueberries, and bananas. The blueberry/pineapple combo was actually quite tasty.

Darn... after writing down the wine it occurs to me that I need to go research into the health benefits/drawbacks of wine in moderation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment