Sunday, July 5, 2009

lovin' lime

I have decided that lime goes with just about anything - especially in the summer. Earlier today, I made a green tea, lime, and raspberry smoothie (with a hint of coconut water). Very, very refreshing in the mildly hot/sticky day that we were experiencing here in Huntsville. According to Dr. Decuypere's nutrition chart, limes have the following healthy benefits so not only can I feel refreshed, but I can feel healthier too!

Lime

Lime - nutritional information

One lime without peel contains .4 grams of protein and 1.8 grams of dietary fiber.

Potassium - 68 mg
Calcium - 22 mg
Phosphorus - 12 mg
Magnesium - 4 mg
Iron - .4 mg
Also contains trace amounts of selenium, zinc,manganese and copper.

Vitamin A - 6.7 IU
Vitamin C - 19 mg
Folate (important during pregnancy) - 5.5 mcg

1 comment:

  1. B, I love lime too! Once, I put a whole small lime, peel and all, into a green smoothie. It was actually quite a nice addition. Recently, I've been enjoying it's sibling, the lemon. I add half to a whole lemon's worth of juice to my green smoothie or simply to a glass of water.
    Hugs!
    ~julz

    ReplyDelete