Monday, August 10, 2009

More exercise

I've also been increasing my exercise to counteract all the time I spend on my butt in front of a computer. For starters, I've increased my biking trips. Sunday I went out on a 3-hour ride but kept to a nice easy pace. My legs felt fine afterward, but my "sit bones" are a bit sore.

According to a few web sites I've read, exercising can lead to:
  • raises basal metabolism and increases energy levels
  • decreases stress and increases endorphins (more 'happies' LOL)
  • increases immunity and builds stronger bones
To encourage me to ride more, I got an little 2.5oz video camera to hook onto my helmet and take a few snips of video while I ride. And, bonus - it's waterproof so when I go kayaking I can use it for that. My general goal for now is to ride at least a 3-hour weekend trip (perhaps slightly picking up pace). Also looking into packing a kayak along with me (inflatable) so when I get to the Tennessee River (my turn around place) I can put in the river and kayak a while prior to heading back on the bike.

3 comments:

  1. How much fun with the helmet cam. Andi has always wanted one for skiing (for now he uses a handheld). I enjoy doing both the biking and kayaking. Hope you can come down to St. Augustine soon and we can do those things together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun! I wish I was there to join you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... ski-cam! If it were me, all the camera would capture would be a bunch of snow as my face plowed into the ground. LOL

    ReplyDelete