Tuesday, August 18, 2009

adding more exercise

Earlier this summer, after a discussion with Julia about the benefits raw foods, I began changing my diet. Now, 3 months later, I can say that I have definitely increased my fruit and veggie intake while also decreasing process and cooked foods. I also began focusing on eating more seasonal and local foods in order to 'green' my diet. The experiment is going well and I am noticing some positive changes. I like the changes so much - healthier skin, more normal (for me) sleep cycles, a more positive attitude - that I decided to embark on a new exercise routine.

I've always like bicycling, so doing more of that seemed like a natural option. I even began adding photos to my flickr account to help encourage me to do more. Plus, I've been walking twice a day, every day: short walks (about 3/4 mile) on the weekdays before work and before bed and longer walks (2.5 miles) on the weekends. Aside from the obvious health benefits, the bonus of all this exercise is more quality time spent with my husband!

I expect that, between diet and exercise, I'll not only feel better but also have better quality of life! Much thanks to my dear friend Julia for setting me on this path - it has been a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment