- Walking more than an hour a day improves life expectancy.
- Thirty minutes of walking a day can prevent diabetes.
- Walking 72 blocks a week (6-9 miles) increases grey matter and can improve memory, concentration and ward off diseases like Alzheimers.
- Thirty minutes 3-5 times a week lowers blood pressure.
- One mile a day improves bone density in women over 50.
- Walking 12.5 miles a week reduced risk of stroke.
- Thirty minutes on the treadmill reduced depression and tension, lifting moods quicker than anti-depressants.
- Twenty minutes of walking per day burns 7 lbs a year.
- Forty-five minute walk in the morning five days a week reduces insomnia.
- Three or more hours of brisk walking per week reduced heart disease in women 30-40 percent..